This week Dr. B has selected the theme of Kitchen as a challenge to our photography. If you would like to join in #challengeyourcamera, the rules are printed below.
I’m not really into kitchens so I’ve found this one very hard. The things I thought to do have already been done, like arrangements in lovely jugs done perfectly by Marie from Hops, Skips and Jumps. My herb pots were nearing the end of their life, my pasta jars at less than half full looked sad, and the rest of the kitchen stuff was boring. Then my eyes lit upon my favourite Christmas gift, but because it sits in the corner quietly humming away I almost overlooked it. So, I give you my mini-wine fridge, flanked by my very old microwave (40 years?) and an orchid bought for me yesterday because I’d had a bad fall in the bathroom (that’s another story but I’m lucky to be all in one piece today and able to post).
It only holds ten bottles I think, but I don’t drink a lot of white wine so that’s fine. At the moment it contains 2 bottles of wine, 1 bubbly, 2 Manzanilla, some fizzy water, beer for visitors and a few soft drinks. But it’s great and looks elegant. I couldn’t photograph it face on because it has a slightly mirrored front – in fact you can probably see the other side of my kitchen in the reflection – if your eyes are better than mine! The wooden lunch carrier on top of the microwave is real, i.e. not a tourist buy. I bought it from a village shop on my first trip to Thailand about 50 years ago after I’d seen similar being used by field workers. One compartment contains rice, one vegetables and one fruit,or, if available, a little bit of fish or meat.
RULES of CHALLENGE YOUR CAMERA
Each week Dr. B selects a single theme to point his camera at or display a few photos from his collection as a way to brighten up the week. If you would like to join in #challengeyourcamera then here’s what to do:
- 1. Follow Dr. B to discover the weekly theme.
- 2. Select a few photos related to the week’s theme
- 3. Post your own photos that week, any day you like.
- 4. Include a caption with each photo so we know what/where it is
- 5. Include a link to his blog in your post so that he is notified and can follow you back
- 6. Add a pingback/link to YOUR post in the comment section of HIS post on that weeks theme.
- 7. Include the tag #challengeyourcamera
- 8. He will follow you back and encourage other posters to follow you
- 9. He will list each blogger in his weekly post in arrears